Bacon Cheese Burger with Coriander Pickled Red Onions & Smoky Mayo
Recipe by Chef Nathan Lippy
Watch the Video Here
1 ½ pounds 80/20 ground beef
8 pieces thick cut applewood smoked bacon
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon ground coriander
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground chipotle
The juice of 1 lime
1 cup shredded lettuce
4 slices cheddar cheese
4 seeded hamburger buns
Salt and pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, add the onions, red wine vinegar a little drizzle of olive oil, ground coriander and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix evenly and set aside to marinate for later.
- Heat your griddle to medium heat and cook the bacon well done and crisp. Once its finished, drain on some paper towel.
- Form the ground beef into 4 equal patties and season both sides with salt & pepper. Cook in the bacon fate for 3-4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the mayo and sour cream with the smoked paprika, chipotle, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to evenly incorporate.
- Slice the bacon to fit on top of the burger. Once the burgers are finished, add a few pieces of bacon and then top with a slice of cheese. Cover with a dome to melt.
- Lightly toast the buns and add some of the sauce to the bottom bun.
- Add some lettuce to the bottom bun and then the burger, add some of the pickled onions over the top and then the top bun. Serve hot.