- Jun 07, 2019
Cast Iron Cookware 101
- One of the great things about cast iron products is that they come pre-seasoned and ready to use.
- You can use any utensil, tool, or spatula of your preference. Cast iron is durable and will not scratch, even from metal.
- Another great thing about cast iron is the versatility! You can grill, sear, bake, broil, and so many more possibilities. They can be used on griddles, grills, and stove tops.
- Cast iron will preform at it's best when it is heated and cooled progressively. Before you start cooking, wait a few minutes for the cast iron to pre-heat.
- Cast iron stays heated evenly and will retain heat when you are done cooking, keeping your food warm. You won't have to use a high heat setting while cooking with cast iron.
**Remember to always use a heat protective mitt when handling cast iron.
- You will want to wash your cast iron by hand, not in the dishwasher. You can use the Griddle Scrubber & Handle with the scour pad.
- If the food is stuck on, or you are having a difficult time getting your cast iron clean, try to simmer the cast iron in warmer water and then scrub.
- Immediately after, dry with a paper towel, cloth, or kitchen towel.
- This is when you will re-season your cast iron, ensuring the lifetime durability. Spread a thin, light layer of cooking oil over your cast iron. It will be best if the cookware is still warm.
- After seasoning, you will then continue to store or hang your cookware in a dry, safe location.
** Try to stay away from metal scour pads, as they can harm the seasoning.
Just like seasoning your Blackstone griddle top, the more you use your cast iron, the better the seasoning becomes. Here are some seasoning tips specific to cast iron.
- Seasoning is oil baked onto the cast iron. This allows a non-stick, smooth surface.
- You can use any cooking oil that you would like. Some examples are vegetable oil, canola oil, or flax seed oil.
- If you would like to maintain your seasoning, use your cast iron! The more it is used, the seasoning will continue to cook and create that perfect finish.
**If you notice any dark residue on your choice of towel when cleaning, do not fret. This will happen less the longer you have the products.
Why buy Cast Iron Products?
You might be wondering why you would want to purchase any cast iron products if you already have your cold-rolled steel Blackstone Griddle.
Here are a couple of reasons.
- For those times that you don't want to use your griddle, but still want that awesome heat distribution material, you can use you cast iron.
- You can use your cast iron on your griddle top! It is beyond versatile. It can also be used on any of our grill top accessories. From indoor in the kitchen, to outdoor on the patio.
- These products are durable, and long lasting. Instead of purchasing the normal pan, cast iron skillets will last you longer.
- The clean up is extremely easy.
- They have even heat distribution, and will stay hot. When you are searing any kind of meat you can create a nice char, or pan-roasting chicken and vegetables. You wont have to worry about your favorite recipe getting cold after you cook, it will stay warm while it is still inside the cast iron product.