Apple Stuffed French Toast with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 8 thick slices of French Bread
- 3 cups Bourbon
- 2/3 cup White Sugar
- 2 large Green Apples, small dice
- ½ Green Apple Brunoise (finely diced)
- 8 oz. softened Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Cinnamon Sugar
- ¼ cup Whole Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon Sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- Using a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the apples, bourbon and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce until it has the consistency of maple syrup then remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, cinnamon sugar finely diced apples and milk. Mix to evenly incorporate.
- In a casserole dish, add the egg mix ingredients and whisk to mix evenly.
- Add the some of the cream cheese mix to one side of the read and make a sandwich with a second piece of bread. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Place the sandwiches into the egg mix and coat on both sides. Add a bit of oil or non-stick spray to you griddle over medium heat and add the French toast sandwiches. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Once the french toast is fully cooked, slice in half and add it to your serving plate. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top with some of the cooked apples. Garnish with fresh mint or powdered sugar and serve.