Bacon Blue Cherry Brussels
Recipe by Desiree 'BlackstoneBetty' Dukes
- 2 lb bag of brussel sprouts, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, thick cut
- 3-4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp duck fat (sub olive oil)
- 5 oz bag dried cherry and walnuts (salad toppers)
- 4 oz blue cheese wedge
- black pepper
- If the brussel sprouts are not pre shredded, use a mandolin or sharp knife to shred the brussel sprouts. Slice sprouts in half, then slice into ribbons to shred and set aside.
- Turn Blackstone on low heat, while that is preheating, cut bacon into bite sized pieces. Add bacon to the Blackstone and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the shredded brussel sprouts to the bacon and bacon fat. Toss to coat adding a tablespoon of duck fat or olive oil. Continue to toss every couple of minutes allowing bacon to finish cooking and sprouts to get tender and slightly char. Season with black pepper.
- Mix in dried cherries and walnuts, these are found in the produce department with salad toppers or you can but dried cherries and walnuts separately. Let cook one minute.
- Plate and top with crumbled blue cheese.