Bacon Jalapeno Popper Griddle Cheese
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- ½ pound thick cut bacon, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 4-5 jalapeno peppers, small dice
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 8 slices thick cut bread
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat your griddle to medium heat and cook the bacon to well done. Remove from the griddle and chop small.
- Add the onion and jalapeno to the bacon fat and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper, garlic powder, the cooked onions and peppers and chopped bacon. Mix evenly and set aside.
- Reduce your griddle heat to medium and toast the bread in the bacon fat. Flip over and add some of the shredded cheddar to the toasted side of each piece of bread. (You can melt with a dome if desired)
- Add a few spoonful's of the cream cheese and form sandwich.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, or until the cheddar cheese is fully melted.
- Slice and serve hot.