Bacon Pancakes with Strawberry Whiskey Syrup and Whipped Cream
Recipe by CJ Frazier
1 lb Bacon
1 Cup Milk
Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pre Heat 17” Blackstone range top combo griddle to Medium High. Add 4 strips of bacon and cook. Once done remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Remove most, but not all, bacon fat from griddle. (You’ll need this to cook your pancakes in)
- In a medium sized skillet add 2 cups of whiskey, 2-3 table spoons of honey stir and reduce. When bubbles are large in skillet add fresh cut strawberries and reduce heat. Stir occasionally. Add more whiskey if syrup is too thick.
- In a mixing bowl add 2 cups of pancake mix, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of milk. Stir till incorporated and add to Blackstone pancake batter dispenser.
- Cut bacon in half and back4 pieces to griddle at medium High. Cover bacon with pancake batter and flip when golden brown. Remove pancakes from griddle when both sides are cooked.
- In a bowl add 1 cup of heavy Whipping cream. Add a teaspoon of powdered sugar and beat. Incorporate more powdered sugar as needed when whipping cream begins to thicken. You’ll know it’s done when there are large peaks on the tip of your whisk.
- Plate your bacon pancakes, add strawberry whiskey syrup and fresh whipped cream on top and enjoy.