- Aug 05, 2021
Bandito Chili Cheese Corndogs
Will it Bandito Chili Cheese Corndogs
(Recipe from DeAnna Decosta the #WillitBandito Champion)
⁃ 4 Jalapeño Cheddar Sausages
⁃ 1 Yellow onion
⁃ Fine cheese grater
⁃ Flat leaf parsley
⁃ 1 Jalapeño
⁃ Box Cornbread mix
⁃ Large Aluminum tin pan
⁃ Vegetable Oil
⁃ 1 bag Chili cheese Fritos
⁃ Grated Cheddar Cheese
⁃ Wooden skewers ⁃ TD’s BBQ sauce
- In a large shallow Aluminum tin pan add 1-2 bottles of vegetable oil and heat on one side of your griddle on high till it reaches a temperature of 375 degrees. Once your oil is to temp you’re ready to cook.
- In a large ziplock bag add a generous amount of chili cheese Fritos. Sip the bag up and crush the Fritos till they are almost a powder consistency. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Using a fine cheese grater grate your yellow onion till you have roughly 1-2 tbsp of onion and set aside in a small bowl. Make sure you remove the onion peel before grating.
- In a large mixing bowl prepare your corn bread mixture by following the directions on the box. Once this is prepared add your grated onion and some of your crushed up chili cheese Fritos. Don’t use all the crushed Fritos, just enough to have a good mix in your cornbread batter. This process will likely make your corn bread batter thicker so you might add a little water or vegetable oil to this it out.
- Using wooden skewers you can get your dogs ready to batter. This is a simple process. Stick the scar side of the skewer into the bottom of your jalapeño sausage dogs and run it through till you're about half way through the sausage. Repeat this process for all your sausages.
- Grab a tall glass and pour your cornbread batter in the glass till almost full. This is how we’ll coat our sausages with the batter. This process needs to be done when your oil is to temperature to deep fry your corn dogs. Standing near your oil tin submerge your sausage into the batter coating all around and place gently in the oil (make sure your skewers totally submerged in the oil) You should see that it starts to fry immediately. Repeat this process till all your dogs are in the oil. This should take about 4 to 5 mins or until your corn dogs are a golden brown. You might need to rotate the dogs to cook on all sides evenly. Once they’re browned up remove from oil with tongs to drain and cool on paper towels.
- To plate tear some fresh parsley up creating a bed on a plate, place your corndogs on the plate and garnish with some fresh sliced jalapeño, a sprinkle of cheese, a dusting of some of your crushed up chili cheese Fritos, drizzle bbq sauce over the top and Enjoy!