Betty’s THYME Wings
Recipe by Desirée 'BlackstoneBetty' Dukes
- 2 lb fresh chicken wings (about 10)
- ¼ cup Extra light tasting olive oil
- 2 tbsp thyme, dried
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Cut wings into portions, drums, and drumettes.
- Pat wings dry with and place in-between paper towels on a baking sheet and let sit in the refrigerator overnight uncovered.
- Remove wings from the refrigerator and rub them with extra light tasting olive oil. Season wings with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, thyme tossing to coat evenly.
- Allow wings to sit out on the kitchen counter in a mixing bowl at room temp for 30-60 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat Blackstone griddle to medium-low heat and add wings. Turn wings every few minutes to cook through. Wings should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn heat to high towards the end to crisp the skin to your liking towards the end.
* If you have the Blackstone Airfryer, these cook perfectly in the air fryer at high for about 15 minutes split between the two airfryer drawers. Give the baskets a toss a few times during cooking. Reheat leftover wings in the Airfryer!