Betty's Bigger Better Crab Bahms
Recipe by Desiree “BlackstoneBetty” Dukes
- 2 lbs jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1-1.5 sticks of salted butter
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, Dukes preferred
- 1.5 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Cocktail and or tartar sauce
- Mix old bay seasoning with mayonnaise. Carefully add the crab meat and panko without breaking up the meat.
- Using your hands, carefully form 8 individual dinner size crab bahms (or mini appetizer sized balls) place in refrigerator on a baking tray for 20 minutes.
- Turn Blackstone's airfryer between medium and high heat to preheat. Line the Airfryers with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and the vinegar together, carefully place crab bahms onto the lined trays in the airfryer and pour a spoonful of melted butter/vinegar mixture over the crab bahms right before cooking.
- Cook for 10 minutes, checking halfway through. Turn heat up to high and let cook about 5 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove airfryer drawers and allow to cool a few minutes before carefully removing crab bahms from trays.
- Garnish with parsley, lemon and a sprinkle of old bay. Serve with tarter sauce and cocktail sauce. Enjoy!
**You can always add more panko or mayo so start with less and adjust.
**Time will vary based on size and temp but crab bahms do not contain any raw meat or eggs so simply cook until golden brown and heated through.