Bettys Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks
Recipe by Desiree 'BlackstoneBetty' Dukes
- 2 large Chicken Breast
- 1/2 c Wing Sauce, Sweet Baby Rays Mild preferred
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 lb good quality deli thin sliced American Cheese, Cooper sharp preferred
- 2 foot long Italian Hoagie rolls
- Chop raw chicken into small pieces. This can be done ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Preheat Blackstone griddle to medium high heat. Drizzle with oil. Add chicken and toss to cook 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Lower heat to medium. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley.
- Add hot sauce, toss to coat evenly, adding more if needed.
- Mix in ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Add about 6 slices of cheese mixing to melt cheese throughout the chicken.
- Lower heat to medium low. Divide chicken into two piles, place a couple extra slices of cheese on top of each pile of chicken, and place rolls on top of the cheese for 30-60 seconds.
- Place one hand on top of the roll using the other hand to slide a long Blackstone spatula under the sandwich and flip.
- Plate and enjoy!
Depending on how you prefer your chicken cheesesteaks, dice small or larger pieces or you can place chicken in the freezer for 30 minutes then slice or shave chicken thin as you would ribeye for cheesesteaks.
Blue cheese can be used instead of ranch.