Betty's Fried Eggplant Chips
recipe by Desiree "BlackstoneBetty" Dukes
- 1 eggplant
- 2 c bread crumb, seasoned with pecorino romano
- 2 c flour
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Blackstone Tutto Italiano
- 1/4 c pecorino romano cheese
- oil for frying
- marinara sauce, for serving
- Cut ends off eggplant. remove skin from eggplant (or leave on if preferred). slice eggplant into thin rounds.
- Set up dredging station using three shallow dishes or bowls. flour and garlic powder in one, eggs beaten with pecorino romano in the second and the bread crumbs seasoned with Tutto Italiano adding cheese if they do not already come seasoned with cheese.
- Coat each eggplant round starting with flour then eggs then bread crumb. shaken off extra flour before dipping into eggs and gently pressed breadcrumbs to coat well.
- On medium low to low heat add oil then place eggplant in oil to fry. adding more oil as needed. cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove onto a cooling rack to drain and immediately season with sea salt and more cheese.
- Serve with marinara for dipping as an appetizer and enjoy!