Betty's Loaded Bacon Chicken Salad
Recipe by Desiree Ruberti / BlackstoneBetty
- 1 large bowl lettuce, family size spring mix or your favorite blend
- 3 chicken breast
- 5-6 strips bacon
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 c sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 c blue cheese crumbles
- Blackstone Essential Blend & Chicken Griddle Seasoning
Honey Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- whisk together all ingredients for the Honey Red Wine Vinaigrette. Add more or less of certain ingredients until its perfect to your taste. Adding more honey for sweetness or vinegar for tang!
- If sliced almonds aren't toasted, preheat a skillet over your Blackstone side burner or directly on the griddle surface to medium adding almonds and toss to quickly toast 2-3 minutes. set aside.
- Cook bacon until as crispy as you like, remove, chop, and set aside reserving bacon grease on your griddle.
- Rub a thin layer of oil over chicken and season with Blackstone Essential Blend and Chicken Griddle. Cook through on medium heat in reserved bacon grease until cooked through turning to cook both sides. Thin cut breast should take about 3-4 minutes per side while thick should take 5-6 per side. Allow chicken to rest before slicing.
- into a large salad bowl, add as much of each chicken, bacon, grapes, almonds, blue cheese as desired. toss with the vinaigrette and enjoy!
Note: measurements for salad toppings aren't exact! add as much or little of each as desired.