- Jun 08, 2020
Recipe by Desirée 'Blackstone Betty’ Dukes
- 4 tomatoes on the vine
- 3 garlic cloves smashed and chopped
- ½ red onion diced small
- 10-12 large basil leaves
- ¼ - ½ cup pecorino romano cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- balsamic glaze
- 1 loaf bread, french baguette
- 1 log sliced mozzarella
- 1 large garlic clove
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- Dice tomatoes and place in a bowl. Season with salt. Add chopped garlic and diced onions.
- Chiffonade the basil by stacking the leaves, rolling the stack of leaves lengthwise and slicing to create strips or ribbons of basil. Add them to the tomatoes.
- Drizzle tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil and gently mix ingredients to combine. Add desired amount of grated cheese.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and place bowl on top of a larger container filled with ice and let sit out on the counter 30-60 minutes before preparing crostini.
- Turn Blackstone to medium heat.
- Slice the baguette into 1 inch pieces.
- Slice garlic clove in half and rub the curbside of the garlic clove on the bread.
- Brush olive oil onto one side of the sliced bread and place oiled side down onto the Blackstone. Remove after 2-3 minutes or until toasted
- Place one piece of fresh mozzarella on toasted slices of bread. Spoon over the Bruschetta and drizzle with Balsamic glaze.