- Mar 30, 2018
Serves 4 Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Beginner
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup whole milk
- Cooking spray, for the griddle
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, buttermilk, and milk.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures in the large mixing bowl. Stir with a rubber spatula until just barely incorporated. There will still be large lumps in the batter, do not over mix.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes. This will give the batter time for the leavening ingredients to activate and create fluffier pancakes.
- While batter is resting, turn Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat. When you flick water on the griddle, it should sizzle and evaporate immediately.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray or butter. Pour ½ cup of batter onto the griddle per pancake. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Adjust heat as needed as to not burn the pancakes.