- Aug 06, 2019
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Lb. of Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts. Cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Cups of Broccoli Florets
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup of Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 Cup of Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup of Cashews (preferably unsalted or low sodium)
- 5 Green Onions, sliced
- 6 Tablespoons of Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons of Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Sesame Oil
- 1/3 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 3 Tablespoons of Water
Heat your griddle to medium-high heat and cover with a thin coat of olive oil.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add the chicken and cashews to the griddle (I like to add the cashews at the same time as the chicken so that they get nice and crispy - but you can add them in at the end if you prefer). Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally, then add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds more (the chicken will not be fully cooked yet - that's okay!)
Add in all the vegetables and saute for 5-7 minutes (or until all the vegetables are tender and the chicken is fully cooked to 165 degrees internal temperature).
In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the homemade sauce and drizzle over the chicken and vegetables.
Mix everything together and keep over the griddle until everything is heated through.
Serve or portion into meal prep containers.