- May 20, 2021
Cashew Peppered Beef Lo Mein
Cashew Peppered Beef Lo Mein
By: CJ Frazier
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp minced Ginger
- Green, and Red Bell Peppers
- Green Onion
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 2 bags of Chow Mein Egg Noodles (pre cooked)
- Crispy Chow Mein Noodles
- Salted Cashews
- Thin Sliced Ribeye Beef
- Pre heat your Blackstone Griddle to high heat
- In mixing bowl add your sauce ingredients and mix. 1/4 Cup Chicken stock, 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar, 1 tbsp Sriracha, 1/4 Soy Sauce, 2-3 tbs Ponzu, 1 tsp Sesame Oil, 1 tbsp Minced Garlic, 1 tbsp Minced Ginger, 1 tbsp Corn Starch, 2 tbsp Sugar. Once you’ve mixed up all your sauce ingredients, set this aside.
- Let’s chop up our Red and Green Bell Peppers. Be sure to remove the pith and seeds. You can chop these up whatever size you like, but I recommend a large chop.
- The griddle should smoking hot at this point so it’s time to cook our thin sliced Ribeye. Now you can buy your steak sliced, or you can slice it your self. If you do slice it yourself I recommend putting the ribeye in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This will firm up the beef making it easier to slice. Also, don’t trim off the fat, that’s going to be great flavor you don’t want to miss out on. Add 1-2 tbs of Olive Oil to your griddle top and place your steak in the oil. Toss the steak around to coat it in the olive oil. We want to get a quick sear, but don’t want to cook the steak so long to overcook it.
- . While the steak is cooking add your bell peppers right next to the steak to cook as well. By this time your steak should be tossed around to cook on all sides. Once your steak is 90% done, turn your burners down to low and add you bell peppers to the steak and pour in roughly 2 tbs of soy sauce. This will reduce down and coat the steak and bell peppers before we add our other ingredients. This should take about 2 minutes to be reduced and ready for the next step.
- Your steak is done so lets add both bags of pre cooked chow mein noodles to the steak and bell peppers as well as 1/3 of your sauce. Toss all the ingredients in the sauce. This will loosen up your noodles and start reducing.
- While everything is reducing chop up the green onion and the cashews. With the green onion you’ll want to chop off the top 1-2 inches. It done’s have a lot of texture so you can get rid of that, as well as cut off the bottom of your green onion. Chop the green onion up as this as you like and add a healthy pinch and another 1/3 of your sauce to the steak and noodles. Also add about 1/4 cup of your chopped up cashes, toss to coat and continue to reduce the sauce. When you see the sauce thickening up add the last bit of your sauce, toss and plate it up.
- To plate I like to add some crispy chow mien noodles to the bottom of the plate, add your low main on top, a pinch of green onion and cashews to garnish, as well as some sesame seeds and a light drizzle of sriracha