- 1 Lb. of Sage Flavored Breakfast Sausage
- 2-3 Celery Stalks, Diced Small
- 1 Onion, Diced Small
- 3 Tablespoons of Salted Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Grated
- 1 Teaspoon of Poultry Seasoning
- 1 14oz Bag Herb Seasoned Stuffing, like Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Classic Stuffing
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/4 Cup of Curly Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Vegetable Oil and 1-2 TBSP butter for cooking
Cook and crumble the sausage in a pan or on the Blackstone and set aside.
In the same pan or on the Blackstone cook onions and celery in 3 tbsp butter on medium heat until soft. Add the garlic and poultry seasoning and cook 1 additional minute.
Add the mixture to the sausage and let cool 5 minutes.
Add the dry stuffing mixture (you can replace cut up bread for for the store bought stuffing if you want) to the sausage mixture, add the chicken broth and gently mix to coat.
Season with salt and/or pepper to your liking.
Add the cheese, eggs and parsley and gently mix. Refrigerate mixture for at least 20 minutes, this will make forming the balls easier.
With your hands, form balls to your size liking. I suggest small for a great appetizer or large (about Â¼ cup) for dinner serving size.
Turn your Blackstone to medium heat, about 350 degrees.
Drizzle vegetable oil and 1-2 tbsp of real butter on the griddle and mix.
Place your sausage balls on, turning to cook evenly on all sides, about 1-2 minutes on each side.
Serve with gravy or cranberry sauce for dipping!