Chopped Cheese with Special Sauce
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 1 ½ lb 90/10 ground beef
- 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 3 tablespoons Blackstone Whiskey Burger Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar
- 4-6 Hoagie rolls
- Olive oil
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Sliced tomato (optional)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Blackstone Whiskey Burger Seasoning
- Heat your griddle to medium-high heat and add a bit of olive oil. Add the ground beef and chop fairly small. Add the Blackstone Whiskey Burger Seasoning over the top evenly and toss to evenly incorporate.
- Add a bit more olive oil next to the beef and add the onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then combine beef and onions together. Toss to evenly incorporate and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Once the beef is fully cooked, add the cheese over the top and toss to incorporate evenly.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all of the sauce ingredients and mix evenly.
- Lightly toast the Hoagie rolls cut side down.
- To plate, add some of the sauce to the cut side of the hoagie rolls then lettuce and tomato. Add a generous portion of the cheesy beef over the top and serve hot.