Chorizo Breakfast Hash
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 8 strips thick cut Bacon
- 8 Eggs
- 1 lb Red Bliss Potatoes, quartered or diced
- ½ cup diced Chorizo
- 1 large Sweet Onion, large dice
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, small dice
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, small dice
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- ¾ cup shredded Asiago Cheese
- Hot Sauce
- Chopped Chives
- Salt and Pepper
- Set your griddle to medium heat and cook the bacon until desired doneness then remove from the heat.
- Add the potatoes to the bacon fat with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes tossing often.
- Add the chorizo and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes tossing often.
- Add the onions and peppers and toss to incorporate. Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Using either 4 small cast iron skillets or 1 large family style skillet, add all the vegetables. Using tongs, make small wells for the eggs.
- Break up the bacon and add over the top and then add the shredded cheese. Crack the eggs into each of the wells with a pinch of salt and pepper and cover with a dome for 4-5 minutes to cook the eggs.
- Once the eggs are cooked garnish with the chives and hot sauce then serve immediately.