CJ’s Southwest Chile and Cheddar Omelette
Recipe by CJ
- 4 eggs
- Breakfast Sausage
- Shredded cheese
- Yellow onion
- Bell pepper
- Black beans (rinsed)
- Canned Hatch chopped Green Chile
- Cholula hot sauce
- Crispy tortilla strips (dressing isle)
- BS Hatch Chile and cheddar seasoning
- BS Taco Fajita Seasoning
- Blackstone Large Omelette Egg Ring
- Pre heat your griddle top to medium on one side and the other on high. Not the side set to high place a small sauce pan with roughly one cup of olive oil to heat up. Once your medium side is warmed up add your sausage patties to the griddle, allow to heat up for 15 seconds, flip and smash. This allows the one side to slightly sear which makes it easy for you to use your spatula to smash and not stick directly to your spatula. You could also use parchment paper, but this is a quick hack.
- While your sausage is cooking slice up 2-3 corn tortilla strips into thin pieces, this will be a crispy garnish used at the end. When your oil is to temperature, roughly 350 degrees you can add your tortilla strips to cook in the oil.
- Now you have a few minutes so its time to dice up your green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and yellow onion. Also you can chop up your jalapeño, or slice them into pinwheels (round slices). Lastly cut an avocado in half, remove the core, spoon out one side and slice into thin slices and set aside for garnish.
- Once your veggies are done add 4 eggs to a mixing bowl, season with salt, pepper and beat the eggs. By this time your sausage should be fully cooked. Slide the sausage off to a cool zone, or pull from the griddle, place your large Blackstone omelette ring on the griddle and add 2 eggs, half your egg mixture, into the ring. You’ll need enough to go to all edges of the ring. BE sure not to add to much egg mixture, trust me this will be a train wreck to fold nicely if you add all 4 eggs. This process is fairly quick so you want to grab a small hand full of the chopped ingredients and disperse in the egg mixture. Add a spoonful or two of rinsed black beans, chop your sausage patties in half (they should look like half moons) and add 3 halves in the egg ring on one side only. Lastly add a handful of your shredded cheese. I like to lightly season the ingredients with the Blackstone Hatch Chile and Cheddar seasoning and allow to cook until you see the bottom of your eggs are done. You can pull off the egg ring, grab a spatula and confidently fold the omelette in half over the other (making another half moon. Also be sure to flip the side that does NOT have the sausage) Allow to cook for another minute and flip to cook for another minute. While that is cooking you can repeat the process to make an additional omelette.
- By this time your tortilla strips should be done. On a paper towel remove the strips to drain and quickly season with the Blackstone Taco Fajita Seasoning. 6. To plate and serve add one omelette to a plate, add a healthy spoon full of chopped hatch green Chile, 2-3 slices of avocado, a few strips of your crispy tortilla strips, tear some fresh cilantro and add on top, lightly dust with the Chile and cheddar seasoning and drizzle with desired amount of Cholula hot sauce and enjoy!