- Dec 08, 2022
CJ's Chicken Parmesan
CJ’s Chicken Parmesan
Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons Blackstone Tuscan Herb Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon parmesan, grated
- 2-3 eggs, beaten
- 1-2 tablespoons Blackstone Loaded Italian Sear and Serve
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Coarse black pepper, to taste
- Italian parsley, chopped
- 16 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fresh sliced mozzarella
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat one zone of your Blackstone to medium low.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Tuscan Herb Seasoning, and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Mix with a fork then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs and Loaded Italian Sear and Serve to a mixing bowl. Whisk together then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg mixture and coat evenly. When the cutlet is evenly coated in egg wash, set it into the breadcrumb mix and press until the breadcrumbs form a crust around the entire cutlet. Set the cutlet onto a large plate or baking tray. Repeat this step with all 4 of the cutlets.
- Once the griddle is fully heated, add the olive oil over the griddle top. Lay the cutlets on to the oil to shallow fry. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove the cutlets from the griddle and set onto a plate lined with paper towels to dab off any excess oil.
- Set the cutlets back on the Blackstone then top each with marinara, basil leaves and fresh mozzarella. Grab a Blackstone basting dome then spray a small amount of water near the chicken (not too close as to not make the cutlets soggy). Cover the cutlets with the dome for one minute until the cheese melts.
- Serve with spaghetti, marinara, and top with chopped parsley.