- Nov 05, 2021
CJ's Mexican Pizza
CJ's Mexican Pizza
- 8” flour tortillas (10” can work)
- 80/20 beef
- Yellow onion
- Can of Refried beans
- Vegetable Oil (for frying tortillas)
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Fresh jalapeño (garnish)
- Shredded lettuce (garnish)
- Diced red tomato (garnish)
- Sour cream
- Lime Juice
- Garlic powder
- Kosher Salt
- Coarse Black Pepper
- Tequila Lime seasoning
- Preheat your Blackstone in two zones. One on low and one on medium. In the low zone set a small sauce pan in corner and add a can of refried beans. Allow to warm and stir occasionally.
- On the medium zone add 1lb of 80/20 beef season with Garlic powder, kosher salt and coarse black pepper and cook till browned. While the beef is cooking chop up 1/2 of a yellow onion and add to the beef. When the beef and onions are done season generously with Blackstone Tequila Lime seasoning.
- While the beef is cooking prep your garnish. Chop up lettuce, dice a tomato and chop up a jalapeño.
- On the low heat zone add a little olive oil, spread out and place 4 tortillas down to toast and crips up. These will be our crispy layers for the Mexican pizza. This won’t take more than 2-3 minutes on each side.
- In a mixing bowl add 2-3 tbsp of sour cream, 1 tbsp on chipotle sauce, 1 tsp of Tequila lime seasoning and the juice of one lime or two limes. If you have a squirt bottle it would be nice to add the sauce to a bottle to apply at the end. But this isn’t necessary if you don’t have a squirt bottle to use.
- When the tortillas are toasted on one side, flip them over and start building. To build one Mexican pizza add a layer of refried beans, and beef on one tortilla on the other add some red enchilada sauce and some shredded cheese. Cover the tortillas with cheese on them and allow to melt. On top of the beef add a small amount of shredded cheese and drizzle of your special sauce. When the cheese is melted add that tortilla to the top of the beef and beens. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños and drizzle with your special sauce. And to complete it I like to post dust with Blackstone Tequila lime Seasoning. ENJOY!