- Mar 30, 2018
Serves 4 Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup corn meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 ear of corn, cut off the cob
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Vegetable oil, for the griddle
- In a large bowl, combine flour, corn meal, baking powder, and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with plastic spatula to create a smooth batter. Add fresh corn and cilantro, reserve 1 tablespoon cilantro to garnish. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Make the dipping sauce in a separate bowl. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, chipotle powder, paprika, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the griddle and then drop 4 equal portions of batter to the griddle and spread them out slightly until each fritter is about ¾ -inch thick.
- Cook each side until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Adjust heat as necessary as to not burn the fritters. When the fritters are cooked through, remove from the griddle. Cut fritters in half diagonally.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce and sprinkle with more chopped cilantro.