- Aug 08, 2019
Corn & Jalapeno Griddle Cakes
- 2 Cups of Fresh or Frozen and Defrosted Yellow Corn (about 3 ears of corn)
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2/3 Cup of Thinly Sliced Green Onions (about 5)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, plus extra for cooking
- 1/2 Cup of Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Salsa Verde
- Green Onions
Pulse 1 cup of the corn kernels in a food processor until roughly chopped, just a few seconds. Add to a large bowl along with the rest of the corn kernels, jalapeno, green onions, eggs, cheddar, and olive oil. Stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add to the corn mixture and stir gently to combine.
Heat your griddle to medium-high heat. Add a small amount of olive oil to coat. Scoop the corn batter, 1/4 cup at a time, onto the griddle. It should be somewhat thick, but you should not need to flatten or spread it. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
Serve with Greek yogurt or sour cream, salsa verde, and additional green onions.