Crab Cakes with Grapefruit Salad
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- ½ lb Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- ½ lb Lump Crab Meat
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 4 cups Spring Greens
- The juice of half of a Grapefruit
- The juice of half of a Lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, add the mayo, Dijon, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, panko, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to evenly combine ingredients.
- Add the crab meat and lightly mix to evenly incorporate.
- Heat your griddle to medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Form the crab mix into cakes and cook in the oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly golden and fully cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the spring greens, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently toss the salad to evenly coat.
- To plate, add some of the salad to your plate and then the crab cakes over the top. Garnish with the parsley and a drizzle of hot sauce and serve hot.