- 1 pound yellow potatoes
- 4-6 strips thick cut bacon
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Blackstone Tequila Lime Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons beer (lager is best)
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat your Blackstone griddle to medium-low heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive and oil and then the potatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes covered. Lift the dome and add ¼ cup of water. Cover with a dome and steam for 3-4 minutes. Add another ¼ cup of water and steam another 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Cook your bacon crisp and well done then drain on a bit of paper towel.
- Move your potatoes into the bacon fat and cook for 2 -3 minutes, tossing often.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sour cream, Tequila Lime Seasoning, Lime juice and beer. Mix evenly.
- Using a heavy spatula or burger press, smash the potatoes into the bacon fat. Add some salt & pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 2 minutes and then flip to cook the other side.
- Chop the bacon as small as you like.
- To plate, add the crispy potatoes to a serving platter, garnish with chopped cilantro and chopped bacon. Finish with a drizzle of the sauce and serve hot.
Recipe by Nathan Lippy