Easy 5 Ingredient Air Fried Calzones
- Pizza dough
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup pizza cheese blend
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- Crumble the sausage onto a pre-heated griddle over medium heat.
- Using a spatula, break the sausage into small pieces while cooking.
- Be sure to have the sausage broken down into very small and uniform bits. Cook the sausage until no pink remains and has rendered completely. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 pieces.
- Roll the pizza dough out into a round shape resembling a medium pizza with no toppings.
- Place the sausage crumbles on one side of the dough, leaving an inch margin on the side with no toppings.
- Top with half of the ricotta, olives, and cheese blend. Distribute the toppings as evenly as possible so each bite contains diverse flavors and textures.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a second calzone.
- Transfer each calzone to a piece of parchment paper about the size of your air fry basket.
- Preheat the air fry basket to 400F.
- Place one calzone in each air fry basket and cook for 18 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melty and delicious.
Making a calzone with the air fryer has never been cooler. Using the air fryer for this Easy 5 ingredient Calzone means the oven kitchen keeps its cool on a warm day. Your guests will love the combination of melty cheese with Italian sausage and the salty-briny taste of kalamata olives.