- 1-2 Lb. of Mussels, Cleaned and debarred
- 2 24 Oz. of Jars Marinara; Victoria or Rao are good quality sauces
- 1 Lb. of Ground Italian Sausage, hot or sweet
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 Handful Roughly Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley, plus 1-2 tbsp chopped for garnish
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- Loaf crusty bread, sliced
- *Recommended--disposable rectangular tin tray
Preheat Blackstone to medium high heat. Add sausage to cook completely. Use you Blackstone scraper or spatula to chop meat as you would taco meat.
Place tin tray directly on clean side of the Blackstone, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. About 2 tablespoons.
Add garlic, crushed red pepper and a few whole pieces of parsley roughly chopped to the oil, including the stems. Shake tin or stir around to cook garlic 1-2 minutes or just until fragrant. Be sure not to burn garlic.
Add the cooked sausage and marinara sauce to the tin and mix everything together. Let cook a few minutes, or until the sauce starts to bubble.
Add the mussels into the sauce and mix well, spreading the mussels out evenly. Cover with foil and let cook 3-4 minutes, gently shaking pan a couple times during to help make room for mussels to open.
Remove foil, mix mussels and allow them to cook 30 more seconds. This will help any mussels that need more room to open. Remove tin tray from heat, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!