General Tso’s Chicken
- 3 Lb. of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 Cup of Corn Starch
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Fresh Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Minced Ginger
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup of White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of Shaoxing Wine or Sherry cooking wine
- 14 1/2 Oz. of Chicken Broth (one can)
- 2-3 Teaspoons of Red Pepper Flakes, adjust to taste
Mix all of the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the chicken and cornstarch together until all of the pieces are coated.
Heat your griddle to medium high.
Add a couple tablespoons of oil to the griddle, then add your chicken. Cook the chicken until the outside turns golden brown.
When the chicken is about 90% done, pour half of your sauce mixture over it and toss the chicken around with a metal spatula to coat all of the chicken with sauce. Pour the rest of your sauce and the green onions on the chicken and continue to move the chicken around.
When your sauce is thickened (1-2 minutes) remove all the chicken from the heat.
Serve over white rice.