- May 29, 2020
Gochujang Sticky Steak Bites
- 2, 1” thick NY strip steaks, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup gochujang
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- The juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 red chilis (or red jalapenos)
- ¼ cup beer (lager is best)
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat your griddle to high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the steak with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to evenly mix.
- Heat your griddle to high heat and add the steaks pieces. Cook for 3-4 minutes tossing half way through.
- In the same mixing bowl you used for the beef, add the gochujang, hoisin, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and beer and whisk to evenly incorporate.
- Once the steak as caramelized on all sides, add the some of the green onions, cilantro, red chilis and smashed garlic. Add ½ of the sauce over the top and toss. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the other half of the sauce and toss. Cook another 2 minutes and then add the steak to a platter.
- Garnish with a bit more fresh cilantro and green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.