- 2 Lb. of Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 Egg
- 1 (6 oz) Package Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/3 Cup of Finely Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 6 Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- Lettuce Leaves
- Tomato Slices
- Thinly Sliced Cucumber
- 1 Cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- 16 Oz. of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Teaspoon of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Dried Dill Weed
One hour before serving, make tzatziki sauce.
Shred or grate the cucumbers and blot them with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel to get rid of as much moisture as possible.
Mix together the shredded cucumbers, strained yogurt, garlic, vinegar, and lemon juice.
Add dill and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep in the fridge until serving.
In a large bowl, stir together ground turkey, egg, feta cheese, red onion, oregano, lemon zest, and salt. Shape mixture into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
Heat griddle to medium-high heat and cover with a thin layer of olive oil.
Add patties to hot griddle; cook approximately 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Serve each patty on a hamburger bun with homemade tzatziki sauce and desired burger toppings.