Griddled banana bread with cream cheese glaze and candied bacon
recipe by Desirée ’BlackstoneBetty’ Dukes
- 1 loaf Banana Bread
- ½ tbsp Butter per slice of bread for frying
- 6-8 slices Bacon
- 1 tbsp real Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- Blackstone sweet Maple seasoning
- Candied Walnuts, optional
Cream cheese glaze:
- 4 oz Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Milk (adjusted as needed)
- Turn Blackstone airfryer on to preheat to 400. Slice bacon strips in half and brush lightly with maple syrup and sriracha on both sides. Dust with Blackstone sweet maple seasoning on both sides. Arrange bacon on parchment paper lined airfryer racks and place in the airfryer for 8-10 minutes checking occasionally. Remove when finished and allow to cool on a cooling rack, bacon will harden as it cools.
- Preheat griddle to medium low-low heat. Slice banana bread in 1-2 inch slices. Swirl a little butter around the griddle before adding slices of bread to slowly fry up about 2-3 minutes per side. Removing when toasted on each side and warmed through.
- In a bowl, using a fork or a whisk, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together slowly adding in milk until smooth and thin enough to drizzle glaze.
- Serve banana bread topped with cream cheese glaze and candied bacon strips on top or crumble bacon to sprinkle on top.