- Aug 06, 2019
Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
- 1 Package Chicken Tenders, around 2-2 1/2 LBS, Cut into Bite Size Pieces
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped into Bite Size Pieces
- 1 Handful Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Kabob Sticks
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3/4 Cup of Pineapple Juice, from can of pineapple
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup of Ketchup
- 3 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper, to taste
- 20 Oz. of Can Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice (can substitute for fresh pineapple)
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
Soak kabob sticks in water for at least 20 minutes. Marinate the chicken in a freezer bag for at least 2 hours to overnight. Marinate your pineapple 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Assemble your skewers with chicken, pineapple, and red onions in a deep container or dish. You want to reserve some, not all, of the marinade in there from assembling to use while cooking!
Heat your Blackstone to medium-high heat and add your skewers, lining them up across the griddle.
Cook for 3 minutes and drizzle a little extra marinade across the skewers. The steam will help cook the chicken and keep it moist.
Cook 1 additional minute. Turn griddle to medium-low heat and flip skewers cooking 3 more minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Remove skewers and let rest 5 minutes. Garnish with sea salt and cilantro.