- Aug 29, 2018
Serves 4 Time: 25 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup huckleberries
- Huckleberry syrup, to serve
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar with a whisk or fork.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Gently add huckleberries to the mixture and lightly whisk to incorporate the huckleberries.
- Combine both bowls, using a whisk to mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Set your griddle between medium and low heat. Spray the griddle top with nonstick cooking spray once the griddle top has reached the desired heat.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle top. Repeat and evenly space your pancakes until the batter has been used.
- Carefully flip pancakes when the edges have bubbled, and the bottom is golden brown.
- Allow the second side of the pancake to cook until golden brown.
- Remove pancakes, and top with butter, fresh huckleberries, huckleberry syrup, or other toppings of your choice.