Italian Breakfast Lavash
recipe by Desiree 'BlackstoneBetty' Dukes
- 2 Lavash Flat Breads
- ½ lb Prosciutto, deli sliced
- ½ lb Capicola, deli sliced
- ½ lb Genoa Salami, deli sliced thin
- ½ lb Mortadella, deli sliced
- ½ lb Mozzarella, deli sliced
- ½ lb Provolone cheese, deli sliced thin
- 4 Eggs
- Balsamic Glaze
- Cento, hot pepper spread
- 2 c Arugula
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Spray extra light tasting olive oil
- Preheat the griddle to low.
- Toss arugula in extra virgin olive oil salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray oil on lavash bread on one side and place the oiled side on the griddle.
- Cook 2 eggs per lavash on the griddle to desired doneness while layering lavash with provolone cheese, Italian meats, ending with provolone cheese on top. Cheese acts as the glue to hold the sandwich together so Place the cheese against the lavash.
- Spoon on some hot pepper spread.
- Place cooked eggs on one side evenly on lavash and remove from the griddle.
- Add about 1 c of arugula to each sandwich. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Fold lavash in half to create a sandwich. Cut half or thirds and enjoy!