- 12 fresh jalapeños
- 1 Box Jiffy muffin mix
- 6 slices bacon
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook bacon on griddle until done. Once cooled, chop finely and set aside.
- Wash jalapenos and pat dry. Cut in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, scrape the white membranes and seeds away from the jalapeno. Dry jalapenos with a paper towel and set aside. NOTE: Consider wearing protective rubber gloves when preparing jalapenos.
- Make Jiffy corn muffin mix based on manufacturer’s directions.
- Stir the finely chopped bacon and cheddar cheese into the corn muffin mix.
- Preheat air fryer to medium.
- Spoon roughly a teaspoon of corn muffin and bacon mix into each jalapeno half. Spread the batter evenly from top to bottom. NOTE: Resist the temptation to fill the jalapenos with mix, as it can double in size.
- Cook the stuffed jalapenos for 8-10 minutes until the cornbread is golden browned and cooked throughout.
- Allow to cool.
- Using a heat safe ramekin or small baking dish, combine honey and butter and place in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes. Stir frequently until completely melted. Drizzle hot honey butter over jalapeno cornbread bites and serve immediately.