- Sep 17, 2020
Jalapeño Popper Quesadilla
Jalapeño Popper Quesadillas
Recipe by: CJ Frazier
- Preheat your griddle on medium high and add your bacon. 4 strips should be plenty for 2-3 quesadillas.
- While your bacon is cooking rough chop your jalapeños. Feel free to leave the seeds in them for a little extra heat. Once you have your jalapeños chopped up you can add them to griddle and cook them in the bacon fat. You don’t have to do this, but this really elevates the flavor of the jalapeño and bacon. That should only take about 2-3 minutes.
- While that’s cooking you can add about 2/3 cup of cream cheese to a mixing bowl. Roughly 1-2 cups of your Mexican blend pre shredded cheese, a pinch of garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and ancho chili powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Your bacon and jalapeños should be done by this time. Pull off your bacon to drain on a paper towel and add your jalapeños directly to your bowl. Give your bacon a rough chop and add that to the mixing bowl with your other ingredients and mix well.
- Once that is mixed well turn your griddle to medium low and place two tortillas down. You can use your bacon fat to help toast your quesadillas. Once those are down and toasting add your ingredients to one side of each of your tortillas. This can be a little hard to spread out with a spoon so I recommend using your griddle spatula to spread over one side of each of your tortillas and then fold your tortilla over to keep your ingredients inside to cook. Once one side it toasted to your liking flip over and toast the other side. Your ingredients should be melted and ready to go. Pull off when each side is toasted and the ingredients are melted. Slice up and enjoy!