Recipe by Desirée 'BlackstoneBetty' Dukes
- 4 8.8 oz packages Ready Rice
- 13-16 oz andouille sausage, diced
- 1-1.5 lb boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 lb shrimp, optional
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 c each red, green, yellow, poblano peppers, diced
- 2-3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp creole seasoning or Blackstone cajun seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped divided in half
- 24 oz tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Sour cream, optional
- Leftover cold white rice can be used, or if using ready rice packages, massage packages to loosen rice and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat one side of the Blackstone to medium heat. Drizzle olive oil, about 1-2 tbsp, add celery and yellow onions to cook 3-4 minutes then add in the peppers to cook 2-3 minutes. On the other side preheat the Blackstone to medium high and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and add chicken to cook 4 minutes. Add sausage and shrimp cook 3 minutes. Seasoning everything lightly with creole or cajun seasoning.
- Turn all burners to medium or medium low and mix vegetables and meat together. Add rice and toss to incorporate.
- Add tomato sauce and toss.
- Add garlic and half of the green onions toss. Season with the rest of your seasoning. Salt and pepper if desired.
- Plate and serve! Leftovers are even more delicious!