- Mar 30, 2018
Serves 4 Time: 2 hours Difficulty: Expert
- 1 (17.6-ounce 3 count) package frozen octopus
- 2 lemons
- 4 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup dry white wine or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Let octopus thaw overnight in fridge. Rinse and put in a stock pot, adding enough water to cover. Add the wine, 1 garlic clove (crushed), bay leaf, peppercorns and half a lemon. Boil for 45 minutes.
- Remove octopus and rinse off. Slice off the head carefully, leaving the legs together. Place in a bowl to cool at room temp covered with plastic wrap for 30 min. Add a heavy drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to coat evenly, add 1 garlic clove chopped, 2 ½ tablespoons chopped parsley, squeeze of lemon, salt, and pepper. Let marinate on counter 30 minutes covered.
- Heat your Blackstone to high heat and grill each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove and plate whole or cut portions (1 to 1-2 leg pieces) lightly drizzle extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, the rest of the chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with lemon wedges.