- 1 Package of Frozen Cleaned Octopus (17.6 oz-3 octopus)
- 2 Lemons
- 4 Tablespoons of Chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Cup of Dry White Wine or White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
- 10 Whole Black Peppercorns
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper to Taste
Let octopus thaw overnight in fridge. Rinse and put in a stock pot, adding enough water to cover. Add the wine, 1 garlic clove (crushed), bay leaf, peppercorns and half a lemon. Boil for 45 minutes.
Remove octopus and rinse off. Slice off the head carefully, leaving the legs together. Place in a bowl to cool at room temp covered with plastic wrap for 30 min. Add a heavy drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to coat evenly, add 1 garlic clove chopped, and 2 Â½ tbsp chopped parsley, squeeze of lemon, salt, and pepper. Let marinate on counter 30 minutes covered.
Heat your Blackstone to high heat and grill each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove and plate whole or cut portions (1 to 1-2 leg pieces) lightly drizzle extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, the rest of the chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with lemon wedges.