Onion Mushroom BBQ Swiss Burger
Recipe by Chef Nathan Lippy
- 2 cups julienned yellow onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 pounds 80/20 ground beef (more or less depending on how big you like your burgers)
- Blackstone Whiskey Burger Seasoning
- BBQ Sauce
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 4 jumbo hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat your griddle to medium heat. Add a bit of olive and then the onions and mushrooms. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, tossing often. Once the onions and mushrooms have caramelized slightly, move them over to the cooler side of the griddle.
- Form the ground beef into 4 equal hamburger patties. Season evenly with Blackstone Whiskey Burger Seasoning on both sides. Cook for 3 minutes per side. Once cooked the way you like, add some of the onions and mushrooms over the tops of each burger.
- Add some BBQ sauce over the veggies and then 2 slices of swiss. Cover to melt.
- Lightly toast the buns on both sides and then add some BBQ Sauce to the bottom buns. Add the burger over the top and serve hot.