- Mar 30, 2018
Serves 6 Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white or rice wine vinegar
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Canola oil, for the griddle
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken and cornstarch. Toss until the chicken is well coated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients except the oil. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Preheat Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat. Add a thin layer of oil and the chicken. Cook for 6 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Toss the chicken frequently using spatulas to ensure all the sides are seared.
- Add half of the sauce to the chicken, stir continuously until the sauce is thickened and coats the chicken. Add the remaining sauce and stir while it reduces. The sauce should be thick and sticky, fully coating the chicken.
- Remove from the griddle and serve over rice.