Pancetta Green Beans with Shitakes and Cranberries
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- 2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms
- ½ pound fresh green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat your griddle to medium heat and cook the pancetta until crisp (about 5-7 minutes tossing often).
- Remove the crisp pancetta from the heat and reserve for later. Add the mushrooms and butter to the pancetta fat with a bit of salt & pepper and toss to evenly coat. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cranberries and pancetta and toss to mix evenly. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add a bit of water and the lemon juice. Cook for another 2 minutes to steam the beans.
- Serve family style on a platter or in a large bowl.