- Jun 24, 2019
Pastrami Cheese Burger with Smack Sauce
- 1.5 Lb. of 80/20 Ground Beef, formed into 4 burger patties
- 1 Tablespoon of Finely Chopped Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Finely Chopped Red Onion
- 2 Teaspoons of Blackstone Crazy Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup of Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Lb. of Thinly Sliced Pastrami
- 4 Slices Colby Jack Cheese
- 2 Cups of Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
In a small mixing bowl, add the jalapeno, red onion, Blackstone Crazy Cajun Seasoning, lemon juice, thousand island dressing, and mayonnaise. This is the smack sauce. Mix evenly to combine and reserve for later.
With your Blackstone set to medium-high heat, add a bit of olive oil. Season your burger patties with salt and pepper on both sides and cook in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes per side.
On the other side of your griddle, add the butter and pastrami. Cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing often.
Add some of the cooked pastrami over each burger patty and then add a slice of cheese. Cover with a basting dome to melt the cheese.
Toast the buns and then add some of the smack sauce to the bottoms of each. Add some shredded lettuce and then a burger, add the top buns and serve hot.