Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
Recipe by Heather Scott and Dennis Davidson - 2021 Great Griddle Off Finalist
- 1 Lb of thin sliced New York strip
- Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- Red pepper, finely chopped
- Green pepper, finely chopped
- 2.5 Oz of shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 Poblano pepper, cut into 1" strips
- 4 fresh cayenne peppers
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 Small package of Velveeta cheese, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Pack of egg roll wrappers
- Preheat your Blackstone Griddle to low heat on 2 burners. Let warm up for 5 minutes.
- Season your meat with salt and pepper. Cook on griddle to your desired wellness. Meanwhile, add onion, red and green peppers and mushroom, and butter onto the griddle. Cook until ingredients are translucent, combine with meat in the last couple of minutes. Remove from heat and put in bowl to cool.
- Char cayenne peppers and poblano peppers.
- Put a Blackstone Cup Liner on the griddle top. Add Velveeta cheese a little at a time and cook on medium heat, stirring often until melted.
- Warm up Blackstone Airfryers to 350°F. Finely chop cayenne and poblano peppers, add to melted Velveeta mixture warming on the griddle. Stir often.
- Place 2-3 tbsp of meat into egg roll wrappers, and roll according to directions on package. Spray egg rolls lightly with cooking spray. Place in a single layer in the Blackstone Airfryer. Cook for 10 minutes, then rotate and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove steak and cheese egg rolls from air fryer and let cool, 5 minutes. Keep stirring Velveeta cheese dip.
- Serve egg rolls with warm cheese dip and enjoy.