- Mar 30, 2018
Serves 6 Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds thinly sliced beef (Rib-eye, roast, sirloin, tri-tip roast, rump roast or flank steak)’
- 1 yellow onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 12-18 slices provolone cheese
- 1 jar Cheez Wiz
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- Vegetable oil, for the griddle
- Preheat Blackstone griddle to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and oil to griddle top. Add onions and both bell peppers. Season with salt, pepper, vinegar and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder. Toss with two spatulas to combine and coat evenly. Cook vegetables for 6-8 minutes or until they are soft and lightly charred.
- Add another tablespoon of butter and oil to the other side of the griddle. Add the thinly sliced beef to the griddle. Chop it up with your metal spatulas to help it cook evenly. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and another ½ tsp of garlic powder. Cook until desired doneness.
- When the meat is cooked, divide it evenly on the griddle into 6 portions. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Add a few tablespoons of Cheese Whiz to each pile of meat, then top with the cooked pepper-onion blend. Add 2-3 slices of provolone cheese to each sandwich portion.
- Split your hoagie rolls and toast them on the griddle.
- Use a basting dome to melt the provolone. Once the cheese is melted, place each pile of meat onto a toasted hoagie roll and serve hot.