Pineapple Chicken and Adobo Crunchwraps
Recipe by Chef Nathan Lippy
- 4-6 boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 slices of Pineapple
- 2 thick slices of Red Onion
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 Limes
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Adobo
- 2 tablespoons Beer
- ½ bunch of Fresh Cilantro
- 4 extra-large Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheese
- 4 street taco size Corn Tortillas
- Blackstone Tequila Lime Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat your griddle to medium-high heat, add a bit of olive oil and the chicken. Season generously with the Blackstone Tequila Lime Seasoning. Toss to evenly coat and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- To the other side of your griddle, preheated to medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, the pineapple, red onion, jalapeno and lime (cut side down). Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are caramelized. Flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lime over the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove from the griddle and chop small.
- Remove the vegetables and pineapple from the griddle and chop everything together with a squeeze of lime juice.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the sour cream, adobo, beer and a bit of the Tequila Lime Seasoning and mix evenly.
- Clean the griddle where the veggies were cooked and add a bit of oil and the corn tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until the corn tortilla is crisp.
- To assemble, spread some of the cheese into the center of the flour tortilla. Add some of the chicken, pineapple salsa, fresh cilantro, about a tablespoon of the sauce, a bit more cheese and then the crisp corn tortilla over the top. Add a bit more cheese on top of the corn tortilla and then wrap the flour tortilla up and over the corn tortilla.
- Place the wrap folded side down onto the griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden and toasted, flip and repeat.
- Slice and serve hot.