Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas
Recipe by Desiree “BlackstoneBetty” Dukes
1 lb chicken tenders
2 tbsp mayonnaise, Dukes preferred
1 tbsp Blackstone All Purpose Seasoning
2 cups BBQ sauce
20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1 red onion, sliced thin
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
8 10 inch flour tortillas
1 16 oz block of cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp cumin
zest of lime
- Dice tenders into bite sized pieces. Place in a storage bag with mayonnaise and All Purpose seasoning (or your favorite dry bbq seasoning) massage bag to coat chicken evenly and refrigerate 20 minutes to overnight.
- Mix Sour cream, zest of one lime and juice of one lime along with 1 tbsp of cumin. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat Blackstone to medium heat, add chicken to cook. 4-6 minutes total. Set chicken aside.
- Turn Blackstone to low heat, remove anything left behind from cooking the chicken and add a light spray or drizzle of oil.
- Add tortillas and begin to layer cheese, chicken, pineapple, cilantro, red onion, and a drizzle of bbq sauce.
- Turn heat to medium and fold tortillas in half. When golden brown and crisp on both sides. Remove and serve with sour cream mixture. Enjoy!