Pizza Hut Copy Cat Wings with Waffle Fries (Prepared two ways)
Recipe by CJ Frazier
- chickens wings dried
- 1/4 cup Frank’s hot sauce (original)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- Green onion (garnish)
- Frozen waffle fries
- Blackstone Whiskey Burger Seasoning
- Kosher Salt
- Pre Heat your Blackstone air fryer combo air fryer to medium/medium high. As well as your griddle top to medium.
- While you’re preheating you can start to prep your chicken wings. I prefer to have the wings cut into drums and flats. This makes it easier to cook evenly on the griddle top. On a large tray lay your wings out and pat dry with paper towels. Once dried off, in one air fryer basket, add your wings and lightly spray with your Blackstone non stick air fryer spray, or any non stick spray. This helps with the cooking process to make your wings golden and crispy. Place tray in the air fryer checking occasionally. When checking toss gently in the basket. This just allows for an even cook of your wings. This process can take up to 20 minutes depending on how many wings you have in the basket, I try to have no more than 12 in a basket at a time to cook evenly.
- Once your wings are in the basket you can place your other wings on the griddle top to cook. As soon as you place the wings on the griddle top use your olive oil squirt bottle to coat all the wings and toss in the oil. You’re not deep frying, so just a light coat is all you need.
- While your wings are cooking you can add your waffle fries to one air fryer basket and cook till crispy and golden brown. This process will likely be less time than your wings. So once they’re done, roughly 8-10 mins, remove the tray from the air-fryer drawer and place in the warming drawer.
- Time to work on our sauce. In the corner of the griddle zone set on medium you can place a small sauce pan and add 1/4 cup of unsalted butter to melt as well as the other ingredients for our sauce. 1/4 cup of Franks Hot Sauce, 1 tsp white vinegar, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, a pinch of course black pepper, 2 tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Stir and allow all the ingredients to incorporate and heat up.
- At this point you can toss around the wings on the griddle top. They should be getting a golden brown sear on both sides. About 10-12 mins in your cooking process with the wings on the griddle top you should be about 80% done. This is when I like to spray some water around the wings and cover with a dome to finish cooking. This process uses ambient heat as well as the griddle top to cook thoroughly. Also be sure to check on your air fryer basket wings. You should start to see a light golden skin on the wings. Toss occasionally till fully cooked.
- Once your wings on the griddle top are cooked it’s time to glaze them with our wing sauce. Only use enough to coat and cover the wings and save the rest for the plating and dipping. Toss gently and reduce the sauce on the wings. This should only take about 30 seconds. Once the sauce has thickened up and reduced you can turn off your griddle top and move to a cool side of the griddle. Now it’s time. Turn off your air fryer and remove the wings from the basket to a bowel. Pour some of your sauce over the wings, toss gently and prepare for plating. To plate your wings I like to serve them family style. On a large platter add your griddled wings and air fryer wings, remove your waffle fries from the air fryer basket to your platter, season the fries with Blackstone Whiskey Burger seasonings and ENJOY