- Jul 19, 2023
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onions
- ½ cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1, 1 lb box of rigatoni, cooked to al dente
- 1 ½ cups Rao’s Margherita Pizza Sauce
- ¼ cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
Heat your Blackstone to medium heat and add the sausage. Cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing and chopping the sausage often.
Add the mushrooms, onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to incorporate. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the garlic, oregano, and basil. Toss and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked rigatoni noodles, cooked sausage and mushrooms, diced pepperoni, Rao’s Pizza Sauce, half of the shredded mozzarella, and grated parmesan. Gently toss to evenly incorporate all ingredients.
Transfer everything to an aluminum baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella and pepperoni slices evenly over the top to resemble a pizza.
Preheat your Blackstone Pizza Oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and place the aluminum dish inside. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the pasta is hot and the cheese is toasted.
Serve the pizza pasta hot in a family-style manner.