Pomegranate Soy Glazed Lamb Chops
Recipe by Nathan Lippy
- 12 Lamb Chops
- 3 cups Pomegranate Juice
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 bunches of Green Onion, cleaned and trimmed
- ½ large Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Arugula
- 2 cups Spring Mix Lettuce
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Arils
- 2 Oranges
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
- Using a large sauté pan over an open burner, add the pomegranate juice, and soy. Turn to high heat and bring to a boil for 8-10 minutes. Reduce by 75% or until the consistency is close to maple syrup. Turn the heat off and let cool slightly. (it will thicken up a bit more as it cools)
- Season the lamb chops with olive oil and salt & pepper on all sides.
- Add a bit of olive oil to the griddle and cook the lamb chops for 2-3 minutes per side and finish fat side down for an additional 2 minutes.
- For the last 4-5 minutes of cooking, add the green onions and lightly caramelize.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the arugula, spring mix, red onion, pomegranate arils with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cut the peel and pith away from the oranges and cut into supremes and add to the bowl. Squeeze the remaining orange juice over the greens and discard the orange. Add a drizzle of olive oil and toss the salad to evenly coat.
- To plate, Add some of the salad to you plate and then a few of the green onions. Add 3 lamb chops and drizzle with the pomegranate soy reduction sauce.